The Youth Initiative for Human Rights in Kosovo seeks applications for the position of:
Human Rights Project Officer
The Youth Initiative for Human Rights is a regional network of non-governmental organizations with programs on the territories of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. www.yihr.org
- Contribute to the implementation of project activities within the Human Rights Program;
- Conduct (together with the HRP Coordinator) research regarding human rights violations, implementation of legislation and monitoring of human right institutions/mechanisms;
- Organize activities such as conferences, training events and workshops;
- Produces all necessary regular monthly and quarterly reports;
- Assists with maintaining communications with relevant stakeholders in Kosovo;
- Be capable of attending meetings to represent YIHR’s work;
- Assists with project development and fundraising.
- University degree in Law with an interest in Human Rights Law;
- Relevant work experience in any organization (public, private, NGO) with structured duties and responsibilities;
- The candidate should have a genuine belief and interest in YIHR values and a willingness to publicly engage in their promotion;
- A good understanding of the political, social and human rights situation in Kosovo;
- Knowledge of Albanian and English is mandatory; while knowledge of Serbian would be an asset;
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Office Packages & Internet) is mandatory.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent (in English) and a CV to the following e-mail address: email@example.com by 19th of September 2013.
The subject of the email should be: Application for HR Project Officer.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.