Call for ApplicationAdministrator
Youth Initiative for Human Rights in Kosovo seeks applications for part-time paid internship for two (2) students. The duration of the internship is three (3) months, with possibility of extension up to six (6) months.
YIHR KS Profile:
Youth Initiative for Human Rights is a regional network of non-governmental organizations with programs on the territories of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. www.yihr.org
• Assist in the implementation of one or more projects within the Human Rights Program according to the timeframe and achieving objectives under the supervision of Program Coordinator;
• Assist the Project and Program Coordinator in conducting in-depth research on human rights issues in Kosovo including implementation of legislation and engage in drafting reports;
• Assist the Program Coordinator in organizing various activities foreseen in projects such as trainings/workshops, conferences, campaigns and meetings with activists;
• Complete other programmatic and administrative tasks as required.
• The Candidate should be a student or graduate of Law or Political science, with an interest in Human Rights. Preference is given to a Law student.
• The candidate should have a genuine belief and interest in YIHR values and a willingness to publicly engage in their promotion.
• The candidate should have an interest in working in human rights field in the future.
• The candidate should have a very good understanding of the political and social context of Kosovo, with a particular focus on the conditions related to human rights
• Knowledge of Albanian is mandatory; while knowledge of English or Serbian would be an asset.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (Office & Internet software) is mandatory.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent (in English) and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by June, 18 2014.
The subject of the email should be: Application for Internship.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.