Open Call: Expert for Strategic Plan Development 2024-2028Fiona
About YIHR KS
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo (YIHR KS), established in 2004, is a human rights organization which works towards protecting and promoting human rights and democratic values not only in Kosovo but also in the Western Balkans region. In particular, YIHR KS is focused on the processes of dealing with the past, protecting human rights and the rule of law, and strengthening youth at the local and regional levels.
Background and purpose of the consultancy
Youth Initiative for Human Rights Kosovo is looking for an Expert to work with us and our members to develop our Strategic Plan 2024-2028. YIHR KS is currently undergoing an organizational development process to address its internal and external challenges. The Strategic Plan of YIHR KS is the main document that defines the activities of the organization for the duration of its validity and it should:
- Be based on: a) a basic review of the organization’s previous work with a critical and learning lens (where is the organization particularly effective and successful, where is it not, what can it build on, etc.); b) an updated context analysis, including anticipated trends and adaptation measures that YIHR KS should take to position itself in this environment.
- Chart a compelling vision which is informed by consultation of YIHR KS stakeholders, target groups and governance bodies and which outlines YIHR KS unique value proposition.
- Articulate clear strategic objectives and spell out the intervention logic, approach and capacities that YIHR KS should deploy to achieve them.
- Map the implications of the new strategy on the organization’s internal structure and processes and chart a clear operational plan to make the internal changes required for the implementation of the strategy.
- Create a sufficient basis for YIHR KS to measure and articulate its results.
The Strategic Plan 2024-2028 should include:
- A review YIHR KS’s current Strategic Plan 2019 – 2023 and its approach and practices (successful and unsuccessful ones);
- Identify and analyze current and past donors and partnership/funding agreement or practices;
- Align YIHR KS’s plan development goals to capacities of the organization;
- Provide clarity over strategic plan priorities;
- Ensure full operational focus and alignment with the strategic objectives;
- Be associated with a concrete strategic development plan;
- Provide guidance on how to follow the plan development process of the strategy;
- Provide recommendations if needed for current strategic documents that YIHR KS has in place;
- Develop a results’ framework based on YIHR KS’s strategy which outlines more precisely YIHR KS’s desired impact and serves as a basis for programme and proposal development.
Role and deliverables of the consultant:
To meet the above-mentioned objectives, YIHR KS will expect the selected consultant(s) to:
- Conduct desk research and consultations with YIHR KS staff, board and assembly of members, partners, donors and beneficiaries;
- Review past practices of YIHR KS, and objectives linked to plan development (provide feedback);
- Facilitate strategy development workshops and support YIHR KS in drafting the
- corresponding strategy document;
- Help developing of programmatic/project ideas in strategic areas that are newer;
- Ensure that the final strategic framework clearly identifies YIHR KS’s impact;
- Meeting the timeframe and deadlines agreed with YIHR KS.
The Expert will be supported by the YIHR KS Director and other YIHR KS staff members.
Timeframe & coordination:
This assignment is expected to require approximately 20 working days.
The consultant will work closely with the YIHR KS staff, which will supervise the consultant’s work, progress and deliverables. The progress will be assessed on a regular basis so that any required adaptation can be agreed in a timely manner.
Consultancy Competencies, Experience and Skill Requirements:
Individual consultants possessing the qualifications outlined below are invited to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating organizational development of non-profit organizations, including in relation to the development of plan strategies;
- Knowledge on local and regional socio-political context;
- Familiarity with YIHR KS’s mission, vision and themes (Peace, reconciliation, conflict transformation, rule of law and human rights advocacy, youth activism);
- Experience in accompanying organizations with similar scope of work like YIHR KS;
- Experience with the development of Monitoring and Evaluation framework (especially regarding the development of results framework and associated indicators);
- Programme design & methodological experience in relation with YIHR KS’s fields of work will be considered an asset;
- To have excellent facilitation and writing skills.
Deadline and submission of expression of interest
If you are interested in supporting our strategy development process and meet the criteria, please send us your application via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject reading “Strategic Plan Development 2024-2028” no later than January 22, 2023. Your application should include:
- Expression of interest indicating your understanding of the assignment and relevant skills and experiences with the strategy development, including the CV;
- Proposed methodology and related timeframe;
- Financial proposal comprising detailed quotation for the assignment, showing working days and expected fee and availability;
- Contact details of two references/previous clients that can comment on your ability to accompany strategy development.
Incomplete proposals will not be considered for further evaluation. Proposals received after the exact time specified for receipt of applications will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.