Call for applications – Two (2) short-term researchers/editorsFiona
Youth Initiative for Human Rights in Kosovo (YIHR – KS) is seeking to engage two (2) short-term researchers/editors for collecting, organizing inputs, and producing the draft of the fourth joint civil society report on the human rights situation in Kosovo for 2022.
The annual human rights report, the 2021 version of which can be found here, provides an overview of the human rights situation in Kosovo, including the main challenges and problems in realizing fundamental rights for all people in Kosovo. This report will be compiled with inputs from civil society organizations (CSOs) focused on protecting human rights with the goals to fulfill existing gaps in joint reporting on human rights at the local and international levels and enhance cooperation between CSOs.
The researchers/editors are expected to carry out the following duties:
- Compile and produce the first draft of the joint annual civil society human rights report for 2022;
- Reach out to relevant CSOs that work in the field of human rights to collect information;
- Coordinate, collect, and organize inputs to the report from CSOs;
- Conduct extensive research on the current human rights situation in Kosovo;
- Conduct research on the human rights legal framework in Kosovo;
- Compile the recommendations for institutions based on the HR situation in Kosovo;
- Verify that all data and information in the report is accurate; and
- Perform other related tasks as required.
The researchers/editors shall fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Possess advanced skills in and knowledge of research methodologies and report writing;
- Two (2) years of experience in researching and report writing;
- Two (2) years of experience in working with non-governmental organizations;
- Expert knowledge of human rights and related rule of law issues;
- Knowledge of the social, political, economic, and human rights context of Kosovo; and
- Excellent writing skills in English.
All interested candidates should submit the below-mentioned documents by email no later than 2 October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “HRN short-term researcher 2022”:
- Cover letter;
- Financial Proposal for 20 working days; and
- Three (3) relevant writing samples.