Open Call for a TrainerFiona
Facilitating seven (7) legal research workshops within the “Improving access to justice at the municipal level” project
YIHR KS is seeking a justice system and administrative law expert to facilitate seven legal research workshops that will be held with law high school students for the project “Improving access to justice at the municipal level” funded by the US Department of State (INL).
Improving access to justice at the municipal level is a 12-month project that aims to improve access to justice at the local level by activating and including young people and grassroots organizations as promoters of rule of law and democracy. Improving legal literacy of young people so they are prepared to apply their profession in practice is one of the key objectives of the overall project.
Date and Place: The workshops will be organized online from April – June 2021, and the trainer will be engaged for a total of 14 working days.
The trainer is expected to:
- Develop a program and agenda for a two-day workshop that will include legal research methodologies and collection of practical cases from the Basic Courts of Kosovo with a focus on the Department of Administrative Matters;
- Deliver two-day training workshops for law high school students;
- Participate in preparatory meetings with the YIHR KS staff;
- Prepare necessary documentation for the evaluation of the training.
The trainer shall fulfill the following requirements:
- Hold at least a Bachelor degree in Law;
- Expertise and knowledge on legal research methodology;
- Previous experience in facilitating trainings, workshops, and similar with young people;
- Communication skills, interpersonal, presentation, group work, organizational and problem-solving;
- Previous experience working with NGOs;
- Planning and time management skills;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Albanian and English.
How to apply:
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject “Legal research workshop trainer”:
- Previously developed training program/agenda and/or other relevant work;
- Two references/contact points
- Financial offer (14 working days).
Deadline for Application: 30.03.2021