OPEN CALL: Project Assistant – Human Rights and Rule of Law Program (2 positions)Administrator
Position: Project Assistant – Human Rights and Rule of Law Program (2 positions)
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo is a non-governmental organization established in 2004. YIHR KS works in promoting and protecting human rights and democratic values, with a focus in the process of dealing with the past, human rights, empowering the rule of law and the role of youth in Kosovo. YIHR KS is part of the Youth Initiative for Human Rights regional network with offices in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Montenegro.
We are looking for two project assistants to join our team in the Human Rights and Rule of Law Program.
Details about the positions:
Starting date: February 2020
Duration: 10 months (with possibility for extension)
Working hours: full time
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in implementation of all activities within the projects implemented by YIHR KS
- Responsible for all logistics with regard to projects activities
- Responsible for all logistics with regard to projects activities and technical work, including the arrangement of trips, hotels, tickets and other needs when required;
- Responsible to update the monitoring and evaluation database for all projects;
- Responsible for the volunteers’ group of YIHR KS which includes preparing a database, keeping close contact with them, registering the working hours of volunteers in the registry of Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports;
- Conduct detailed research on the justice system in Kosovo;
- Compile materials related to the justice system that are appropriate for young people to understand;
- Follow closely the work of the judiciary;
- Follow all the daily news related to the justice system in Kosovo;
- Prepare all materials needed for conducting youth court simulations;
- Do independent work as well as teamwork in the implementation of various activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or relevant fields;
- At least one year of working experience in project implementation in an NGO or other organization;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Knowledge of Albanian and English, while Serbian language is an asset;
- Ability to work individually with little oversight and as part of the group;
- Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Able to work in a diverse and dynamic working environment.
How to apply:
Send the following document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject “Project Assistant”:
- Motivation letter
- Contact details of two people who can be contacted for a reference
Deadline for Application: January 16, 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.