Human Rights Program Coordinator – Call for ApplicationAdministrator
YIHR Profile:Youth Initiative for Human Rights is a regional network of non-governmental organizations with programs on the territories of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. www.yihr.org
• Manage the implementation of one or more projects within the Human Rights Program according to the timeframe, achieving objectives and provide supervision for the project officer/assistant or interns;
• Coordinate the implementation of the project activities within the Human Rights Program;
• Conduct in-depth research on human rights issues in Kosovo including implementation of legislation to be used for YIHR KS publications;
• Write press releases, briefing papers and/or reports on different human rights issues including legal analysis and respond to consultations;
• Organize and coordinate various activities foreseen in projects such as trainings/workshops, conferences, campaigns and meetings with activists;
• Propose new project ideas and identify potential donors;
• Be capable of developing and designing projects and completing project proposals in coordination with the Executive Director;
• Produces all necessary regular monthly and quarterly reports including reporting to donors in relation to implementation of projects within the deadlines;
• Coordinate and maintain communications with relevant stakeholders in Kosovo regarding the Human Rights Program including representing YIHR KS in public hearings, the media, meetings with public officials and conferences;
• Complete other administrative tasks as required.
• University degree in Law or Political Science, with an interest in Human Rights. Preference is given to candidates with a law degree.
• Relevant work experience in any organization (public, private, NGO) with structured duties and responsibilities. Management experience is preferred.
• The candidate should have a genuine belief and interest in YIHR values and a willingness to publicly engage in their promotion.
• The candidate should have a very good understanding of the political and social context of Kosovo, with a particular focus on the conditions related to human rights and youth participation in public life.
• Knowledge of Albanian and English is mandatory; while knowledge of Serbian would be an asset.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (Office & Internet software) is mandatory.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent (in English) and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org 24th January 2014.
The subject of the email should be: Application for HR Program Coordinator.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.