Open Call: Project ManagerFiona
About YIHR KS
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo (YIHR KS), established in 2004, is a human rights organization which works towards protecting and promoting human rights and democratic values not only in Kosovo but also in the Western Balkans region. In particular, YIHR KS is focused on the processes of dealing with the past, protecting human rights and the rule of law, and empowering youth at the local and regional levels.
We are looking for one Project Manager to join the YIHR KS team.
Position: Project Manager
Details about the position:
- Place: Prishtina
- Starting date: March 01, 2023
- Duration: 36 months (with possibility for extension)
- Status: full time
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing the implementation of all activities within the projects implemented by YIHR KS.
- Preparing work plans and activity calendars for projects in line with the overall organizational plans.
- Attending organizational meetings, keeping track of project implementation status as per the work plans, and coordinating communication between the director, finance team, partner organizations and donors.
- Coordinating and reviewing interim and final narrative reports.
- Responsible for overseeing all logistics with regard to projects’ activities.
- Tracking all project expenditures and carefully monitoring overall budget spending.
- Maintaining full knowledge of the project issues, including current information on the operational environment and potential risks.
- Maintaining regular correspondence and communication with donors, partner organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support long- and short-term assignment planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences; Master’s in Dealing with the Past and/or Human Rights related fields is preferred.
- At least four years of working experience in project implementation in an NGO or other organizations, specifically in implementing European Union funded projects.
- Thorough knowledge of dealing with the past processes and human rights in Kosovo and the Western Balkans region.
- Thorough knowledge of the social and political context of Kosovo and the Western Balkans region.
- Experience working with projects focused on multi-ethnic groups is preferred.
- Experience in conducting field research/interviews with sensitive groups is preferred.
- Experience on projects focused on Western Balkans is preferred.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Albanian and/or Serbian and English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and plan according to agreed timelines.
- Ability to work individually with little oversight and as part of the group.
- Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization.
- Ready to work in a diverse and dynamic working environment.
How to apply:
Send the following documents to email@example.com with the e-mail subject “Project Manager – YIHR KS”:
- Motivation letter.
- Contact details of two people who can be contacted for a reference.
Deadline: February 01, 2023, 23:59.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.