Human Rights Project Coordinator
The Youth Initiative for Human Rights is a regional network of non-governmental organizations with programs on the territories of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. www.yihr.org
• Coordinate the implementation of the project activities within the Human Rights Program,
• Conducts and coordinates the monitoring of the implementation of the laws in human rights area in Kosovo and assists in preparing the reports on implementation of these laws,
• Organize and coordinate various activities foreseen in projects,
• Produces all necessary regular monthly and quarterly reports,
• Coordinate and maintain the communications with relevant stakeholders in Kosovo.
• University degree in Law, Political Science, Sociology or any other field that fits the profile of YIHR. Preference is given to candidates with Law degree.
• Relevant work experience in any organization (public, private, NGO) with structured duties and responsibilities. Experience with management is preferred.
• The candidate should have a genuine belief and interest in YIHR values and a willingness to publicly engage in their promotion.
• The candidate should have a very good understanding of the political and social context of Kosovo, with a particular focus on the conditions related to human rights and youth participation in public life.
• Knowledge of Albanian and English is mandatory; while knowledge of Serbian would be an asset.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills (Office & Internet software) is mandatory.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent (in English) and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23rd, 2011.
The subject of the email should be: Application for HR Project Coordinator.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.