The Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo seeks applications for the position of:
Human Rights Assistant
The Youth Initiative for Human Rights is a regional network of non-governmental organizations with programs on the territories of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. www.yihr.org
• Assist in conducting research regarding human rights violations, implementation of legislation and monitoring of human right institutions/mechanisms
• Assist in organizing activities such as conferences, training events and workshops and generally assist in the implementation of all activities foreseen within Human Rights Program
• Write report summaries for implemented activities
• Be capable of attending meetings to represent YIHR’s work
• University Degree in Law with an interest in human rights law
• Relevant work experience in any organization (public, private or NGO), paid or unpaid
• Genuine belief and interest in YIHR values and a willingness to publicly engage in their promotion
• A basic understanding of the political, social and human rights situation in Kosovo
• Knowledge of Albanian and English mandatory, knowledge of Serbian considered an asset
• Knowledge of basic computer software (Office Packages & Internet) mandatory
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent (in English) and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th November 2012.
The subject of the email should be: Application for HR Assistant.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview and the successful applicant will be expected to start working from the 2nd of December 2012.