Young Leaders School 3 – Call for applicationsAdministrator
Youth Initiative for Human Rights (YIHR) in Kosovo, with the support of the Balkan Trust for Democracy (BTD) and Kosovo Foundation for Open Society (KFOS), is calling for applications for the third generation of the Young Leaders School, to be held from February through April 2012, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
The School offers lectures by issue-area specialists, insightful discussions, workshops on specific topics, social and cultural activities, and study visits.
About the School:
The Young Leaders School is part of YIHR Kosovo’s Education Program which intends to develop the critical thinking capacities of young generation with regard to social, political and cultural concepts; provide the students with a map of knowledge on democratic politics; and develop the practical skills of students required for the implementation of a progressive agenda in professional life or other social activities.
The central interest of the School is focused on opening up the discussion and acquaintance the participants about important topics for the generation of the “young leaders”, which they rarely discuss during their formal education.
Classes will last 2 hours per day (17:30 – 19:30) and will be held four days per week (Mondays – Thursdays).
The program of Young Leaders School consists of 7 modules:
1. Human Rights and Democracy
2. Rule of Law and Transitional Justice
3. Participatory Democracy
4. Stereotypes and Prejudices: Media Influence
5. Nation, Nationalism and Identity
6. European Integration: Values
7. Academic Writing
Download the program of the School HERE.
– Youth and students between 20 and 30 years old;
– Interested in the fields of human rights, diversity, transitional justice and dealing with the past;
– Human rights and non-discrimination activists;
– Young people involved in sectors such as: politics, media, civil society, and other influential areas.
Applicants must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
Application and selection process:
Interested applicants are asked to complete the School’s online application form in English. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submitting applications: January 15th, 2012, until 12 AM.
Relevant link: Young Leaders School on Facebook.