Open Call – Storytelling Workshop TrainersFiona
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo is looking for two (2) trainers (one trainer from the K-Albanian Community and one trainer from the K-Serbian Community), to facilitate a Storytelling Workshop within the project “Fostering New Approaches to Youth Reconciliation”.
About the organization
Youth Initiative for Human Rights was originally established as a regional non-governmental organization in 2003, which later became a regional network of YIHR in Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia. For more than eighteen (18) years, Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo (YIHR KS) has worked successfully in the protection and promotion of human rights and democratic values not only in Kosovo, but also in the region. With special emphasis, YIHR KS is focused on the process of dealing with the past, the protection of human rights and the strengthening of the rule of law and the role of youth at the local and regional level.
Purpose of the project and activity:
“Fostering New Approaches to Youth Reconciliation” is a project that aims to enhance intercultural dialogue and cooperation among young people of different ethnic backgrounds as well as challenge the biased and ethno-nationalist public discourse regarding the past of Kosovo by enriching it with personal stories and experiences of people.
YIHR KS will organize a Storytelling Workshop which will provide young people of different ethnic communities with the opportunity to share their stories as refugees or deported from their homes during the war in Kosovo. We will have 20 participants gathered for a four (4) day residential training program on how to tell stories that are related to the past. The Storytelling Workshop will be facilitated by two trainers (one from the Albanian community and one from the Serbian community in Kosovo).
The working language of the workshop is English.
- 6 – 9 of April 2023.
- Previous experience in mentoring workshops, trainings or other activities with young people;
- Knowledge on the Storytelling Technique, and knowledge on non-formal education;
- Basic knowledge on transitional justice, dealing with the past and/or intercultural dialogue;
- Proficient in English, while Serbian and Albanian are an advantage.
Workshop Trainer engagement description:
- Participation in regular preparatory meetings with YIHR KS staff;
- Facilitate the four (4) day Storytelling Workshop;
- Participation in evaluation meetings with YIHR KS staff after the Storytelling Workshop;
- Preparation of other relevant documents which are defined in cooperation with the YIHR KS staff.
Documents required for application:
- Template of your work;
- Two (2) contacts of reference.
Please send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject ‘Storytelling Workshop Trainer’ by March 12, 2023.