Open Call: Projects CoordinatorFiona
Position: Projects Coordinator
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 which works in promoting and protecting human rights and democratic values, with a focus on the process of dealing with the past, human rights, and the role of youth in Kosovo as well as in the region. YIHR KS is part of the Youth Initiative for Human Rights regional network with offices in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, and Montenegro.
We are looking for one Projects Coordinator to join our team in the Dealing with the Past Program.
Details about the position:
- Place: Prishtina
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 12 months (with possibility for extension)
- Status: full time
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate implementation of all activities within the projects implemented by YIHR KS;
- Attending organizational meetings, keeping track of project implementation status as per the work plans, and coordinating communication between the director, finance team, and partner organizations;
- Preparing work plans and activity calendars for projects in line with the overall organizational plans;
- Prepare interim and final narrative reports;
- Responsible for all logistics with regard to projects’ activities;
- Monitoring all aspects related to project expenses in line with the project budget;
- Maintaining regular correspondence and communication with donors, partner organizations, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Conduct thorough desk and field research.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences; Master’s in Dealing with the Past related fields is preferred.
- At least three years of working experience in project implementation in an NGO or other organizations.
- Experience working with projects focused on multi-ethnic groups is preferred.
- Experience in conducting field research/interviews with sensitive groups is preferred.
- Experience on projects focused on Western Balkans is preferred.
- Knowledge of the social and political context of Kosovo and the Western Balkans region.
- Thorough knowledge of dealing with the past processes and human rights in Kosovo and the Western Balkans region.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Albanian and/or Serbian and English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and plan according to agreed timelines.
- Ability to work individually with little oversight and as part of the group.
- Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization.
- Ready to work in a diverse and dynamic working environment.
How to apply:
Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject “Projects Coordinator – Dealing with the Past Program”:
- Motivation letter.
- Contact details of two people who can be contacted for a reference.
Deadline postponed until: February 10, 2022, 23:59.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.