YIHR KS invites all young people who are students (final year of their studies) or recent graduates (graduated in the last 3 or 4 years) from the Faculty of Law, public or private universities to apply for the Internship Program in the basic courts of Kosovo and their branches.
The Internship Program is developed in the framework of the project “Youth for Justice” supported by the US Department of State – INL and aims to empower young people to seek justice and become active participants in the justice system in Kosovo.
Duration: 6 months (May 1, 2022 – October 30, 2022), full time
Location: Basic Court in Prishtinë, Pejë, Gjakovë, Ferizaj, Gjilan, Mitrovicë, Prizren and their branches.
Type of internship: Full-time paid internship ($ 200 / gross per month)
Criteria and qualifications:
- Student (final year) or law graduate from public or private universities in Kosovo;
- Professional communication and writing skills in Albanian (knowledge of English or Serbian is an advantage);
- Knowledge of legal procedures and skills in compiling legal documents;
- Basic computer skills and Word, Powerpoint, and Excel software;
- Ability and willingness to work independently and in a dynamic work environment;
- Possession of identification documents and bank account;
- Priority will be given to applicants who have no previous experience in a court;
- Marginalized groups in Kosovo are encouraged to apply.
- Providing professional support to judges and court staff;
- Assisting in various tasks as needed by the court;
- Identification of human rights violations and reporting such occurrences on the platform “I am Right”
- Reporting to YIHR KS on a monthly basis and to court staff as needed.
In order to apply you must submit the following documents:
- CV-në (max. 2 pages);
- Motivational letter (max. 500 words);
- Grade transcript ( downloaded SEMS form ).
All applications must be submitted in digital format at firstname.lastname@example.org until March 20, 2022, at 17:00, with the subject “Application for the 2022 internship program”. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.