Open Call for Art Workshop TrainersFiona
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo is looking for four (4) trainers in the fields of video production, photography, storytelling and theater to join the Youth Exchange Program within the project “Kosovo Youth Dialogue” which is supported by USAID.
About the organization:
Youth Initiative for Human Rights was originally established as a regional non-governmental organization in 2003, which later became a regional network of YIHR in Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia. For more than eighteen (18) years, Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo (YIHR KS) has worked successfully in the protection and promotion of human rights and democratic values not only in Kosovo, but also in the region. With special emphasis, YIHR KS is focused on the process of dealing with the past, the protection of human rights and the strengthening of the rule of law and the role of youth at the local and regional level.
Purpose of the project and activity:
‘Kosovo Youth Dialogue’ is a thirty-six (36) month project with the main goal of empowering young people to participate in confronting the past and the reconciliation process in Kosovo by encouraging inter-ethnic communication, interaction and cooperation, addressing common ground interests, building trust and promoting mutual understanding and positive attitudes.
YIHR KS will organize three (3) one-week residential exchanges with young people from the Albanian and Serbian communities, in order for young people to have the opportunity to exchange experiences, ideas and opinions, as well as learn about transitional justice, dealing with the past , intercultural dialogue and other communication skills. In total, 90 students will participate in these exchanges (30 for each exchange). During the exchange, young people will also learn about the basics of video production, photography, storytelling and theater. Each group will have a professional mentor to guide and assist students in their projects. Their task will be to use these art forms as a medium for dialogue and cooperation, as well as a way to jointly challenge the nationalist narratives that exist in our societies, and also jointly promote reconciliation.
Date and place:
The activities will be organized in Kosovo during the years of 2022 – 2024. Exact dates and locations will be determined in the meantime.
- Have work experience in one of these 4 fields: video production, photography, storytelling and theater.
- Previous experience in mentoring workshops, trainings or other activities with young people,
- Basic knowledge on transitional justice, dealing with the past and/or intercultural dialogue;
- Proficient in English, while Serbian and Albanian are an advantage.
Workshop Trainer engagement description:
- Participation in regular preparatory meetings with YIHR KS staff and the exchange facilitator;
- Designing the mentoring program;
- 2-day mentoring during three (3) youth exchanges;
- Participation in evaluation meetings with YIHR KS staff after each exchange;
- Preparation of other relevant documents which are defined in cooperation with the YIHR KS staff.
Documents required for application:
- Work portfolio, if any;
- One (1) contact of reference.
Please send the required documents to email@example.com with the email subject ‘Art Workshop Trainers – Youth Exchange Program – USAID’ and indicate which field you are applying for by September 7, 2022.