(Full or part time – unpaid)
The Youth Initiative for Human Rights (YIHR) is a regional network of non-governmental organizations with programs on the territories of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia.
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo (YIHR KS) is a local nongovernmental and non-profit organization, convinced that human rights and civic values are the basis of every open and progressive society. In its work, YIHR KS is dedicated to dealing with the past, protecting victims of human rights abuse, promoting the rule of law and strengthening the role of young people in the societies of the Western Balkans.
• Assist in implementation of YIHR KS’ Communications Strategy;
• Monitor written press (media clipping) and online content regarding to human rights issues in Kosovo;
• Assist in drafting and editing pieces for online content (press releases) and updating website and social media platforms;
• Contribute to YIHR KS’ online presence through social media platforms;
• Assist YIHR KS staff to use innovative methods to increase outreach in the implementation of projects;
• Conduct research regarding increasing outreach through online platforms.
• Student or Graduate of Communications, Journalism or Public Relations;
• Some previous work experience would be ideal (even if not in a similar role);
• Ability to conduct online research, use social media platforms and upload materials for the website;
• Knowledge of Albanian and English mandatory, knowledge of Serbian considered an asset;
• Excellent editing, writing, communications and organizational skills required.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of intent (in English) and a CV to the following e-mail address:firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of the email should be: Communications Intern Application.
The deadline for applications is March 12th, 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview and the successful applicant will be expected to start as soon as possible for three months.