Open Call – Position: Program ManagerAdministrator
Position: Program Manager
Youth Initiative for Human Rights – Kosovo is a non-governmental organization established in 2004 which works in promoting and protecting human rights and democratic values, with a focus in the process of dealing with the past, human rights and the role of youth in Kosovo as well as in the region. YIHR KS is part of the Youth Initiative for Human Rights regional network with offices in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia and Montenegro.
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our team.
Details about the position:
Starting date: March 2020
Status: full time
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Overseeing management of the organization’s core projects;
- Identifying new fundraising opportunities for the organization;
- Developing and writing project proposals mainly for international donors;
- Maintaining regular communication with donors and partner organizations;
- Overseeing overall project implementation;
- Attending organizational meetings, keeping notes of project status, and coordinating communication between Executive Director, implementing team, finance team, and partner and funding organizations;
- Monitoring and performance evaluation of organization’s employees;
- Responsible for implementation of HR policies;
- Office management;
- Developing integrated project plans, implementation schedules and cost estimates for major long term projects;
- Preparing overall organizational work plans and activity calendars;
- Assisting the organization with regular activities and on ad-hoc matters.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in social sciences;
- At least three years of work experience in a local and/or international NGO (experience working with USAID and/or EU projects is an asset);
- Experience in managing and coordinating staff;
- Knowledge of social and political context of Kosovo and Western Balkans region;
- Knowledge of dealing with the past, human rights and youth issues in Kosovo and Western Balkans region;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Albanian and English, while Serbian language is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task and plan according to agreed timelines;
- Ability to work individually with little oversight and as part of the group;
- Be self-motivated and passionate about contributing to the growth of the organization;
- Ready to work in a diverse and dynamic working environment.
How to apply:
- Send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject “Program Manager”:
- CV (limited to two pages)
- Motivation letter (limited to one page)
- Contact details of two people who can be contacted for a reference
Deadline: February 2, 2020, 23:59.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.